Re: Octane question.

> The more you retard timing the less  power you have
> but the lower octane fuel you can use.
>
> Lauri, don't worry, it is not true that you can overheat your engine with
> high-octane fuel. That's just a fairy-tale from people without knowledge.

This is right unless you haven't done anything to your car.

As you said the higher Octane the more you can advance timing. Right?
But if you have installed some Schrick 268 or even bigger cams then at
some point you reach that far, that you have to lit the gas before the
valves are fully shut and that's where the problems start.

So as I know as far as you have everything stock it's allright to burn
higher gas and advance your timing, but if you have done some serious
mods to your car then you should be careful!

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!