Re: Removing Cat on 16v?

You want that - it's the O2 sensor and it (IME) makes your car run better
and (irrefutably) makes you get better gas mileage when working correctly.
I'm running without the O2 sensor right now on my '84 GTi and I'm only
getting about 26mpg with a wide-ratio trans. I should be getting like 35.
I need to put an O2 sensor into bare pipe but I can't find the right nut
to weld onto the pipe. Any ideas from anyone? (I have no cat either...
just something that looks like one - I also need the O2 sensor to pass
emissions and so I feel better about driving all over the place all the
time)
	-Josiah

'84 GTi
http://bork.hampshire.edu/josiah