RE: Removing Cat on 16v?

Hi!

Ok, the outcome was, that we put a bare pipe instead of the cat,
what was empty anyway, and found the right nut and welded it into
the pipe and connected all the wires and it runs ok now!

One question:
Three wires go to the sensor, 1 blac and 2 white wires. I was
stupid enough to cut the wires and when I put them back I ran
into a little problem: whitch white wire goes to which? Does it
matter at all? My logic says that it doesn't matter as they are
both white and have no stripes on them.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!

> You want that - it's the O2 sensor and it (IME) makes your car run better
> and (irrefutably) makes you get better gas mileage when working correctly.
> I'm running without the O2 sensor right now on my '84 GTi and I'm only
> getting about 26mpg with a wide-ratio trans. I should be getting like 35.
> I need to put an O2 sensor into bare pipe but I can't find the right nut
> to weld onto the pipe. Any ideas from anyone? (I have no cat either...
> just something that looks like one - I also need the O2 sensor to pass
> emissions and so I feel better about driving all over the place all the
> time)

PS. Offtopic:
I saw MI:2 yesterday, what a nice movie!