Re: Removing Cat on 16v?

Hello,

> I've told before the cat wires should be shorted and the injection
> controller unit will recognize it as a malfunction of the cat and go
better.
> As Dirk told me there is a straight tube which you should change with the
> cat - and you are done.

yes, there is an original VW cat-replacement tube,
look on the ETKA-CD and you will find it.

I ordered one for my "Black-Cat"  you can see it installed
on my page www.Scirocco2.de/repair.htm

It has the thread for the Lambda-sond ( oxygen sensor )
and would be a plug&play install, if those *1!%&! copper
screws wouldn't be that hard to open.
I used a flex disk in the end...

...BTW, the time I removed my cat, I found out
that it already emptied itself *completely* !!

Greets
Dirk