Re: Anyone using a Jamex...

Hi !

I'm not using a Jamex, because they aren't to get here anymore,
especially not since Jamex is out of business.

So I got myself a Pipercross 16V airbox, that is very similar
to the Jamex one, at least what I  have seen from pictures.

can anybody confirm that the Pipercross and Jamex are similar ?
however, the intake-sound is great....
...and no problems so far :-)

Greets
Dirk

> Hi!
>
> I've been using Jamex airbox setup on both my 8v
> and now on 16v engine and that've been the best
> thing I've ever bought to my Scirocco. So when I
> floor it from idle it revs to the redline within 1-2
> seconds and without hesitation. Of course when
> the engine is really cold it hesitates a bit. But that
> is normal.
>
> My suggestions:
> 1. When did you last cleaned your filter?
> I did it a week ago (after one year of using it) and
> what a difference! Both in sound it makes and the
> ass-o-dynometer!
> 2. Other things like timing? Fuel filter? Any loose
> wires on engine management system? etc.
>
> > Anyone out there running a Jamex air box (actually I'm using one that I
> cut
> > up myself) have any problems? What I'm experiencing is that when I open
> the
> > throttle really fast (like from an idle to full throttle immediately)
the