Re: Anyone using a Jamex...

Hi!

I've been using Jamex airbox setup on both my 8v
and now on 16v engine and that've been the best
thing I've ever bought to my Scirocco. So when I
floor it from idle it revs to the redline within 1-2
seconds and without hesitation. Of course when
the engine is really cold it hesitates a bit. But that
is normal.

My suggestions:
1. When did you last cleaned your filter?
I did it a week ago (after one year of using it) and
what a difference! Both in sound it makes and the
ass-o-dynometer!
2. Other things like timing? Fuel filter? Any loose
wires on engine management system? etc.

> Anyone out there running a Jamex air box (actually I'm using one that I
cut
> up myself) have any problems? What I'm experiencing is that when I open
the
> throttle really fast (like from an idle to full throttle immediately) the
> engine stumbles, and if I keep my foot on it, sometimes it dies.
>
> Could this be somehow related to the cut up Jamex box?

How did you cut it then? I used it as is and it works fine.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!