Ground for horn

First off - I hate bleeding brakes.  That's all there
is to it.

To the point - When I replaced the steering gear,
there was a wire screwed to it.  The new gear didn't
have a screw hole, so I didn't hook it up...

Now the horn doesn't work.  Was that the ground for
the horn?  I messed with a bunch of wires, some of
them linked to the horn, but I didn't think I screwed
anything up....

Can I just ground that wire to the firewall now?

Thanks

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/