Anyone using a Jamex...

Hey everyone.

Anyone out there running a Jamex air box (actually I'm using one that I cut
up myself) have any problems? What I'm experiencing is that when I open the
throttle really fast (like from an idle to full throttle immediately) the
engine stumbles, and if I keep my foot on it, sometimes it dies.

Could this be somehow related to the cut up Jamex box?

Just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this.

Thanks -- Craig Williams
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (Bouncing off the rev-limiter)
1987 Jetta GLi 1.8 16V (Daily Driver)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby to be)
Northern California, USA