Re: Crank Trigger Ignition Curve

  I have been having to deal with this a bit(an understatement) at work.
Dynos like the Dynojet will work good to give you a base curve. But
sometimes, the curve that works best on the dyno is too radical a timing
curve in real life. So you may experience pinging while running the dyno
derived curve. Use the dyno curve as a baseline. A knock sensor that can
tell you if the curve is too much would be a great tool to use, I think J&S
makes one. This can tell you if you have too much advance on the dyno, and
on the track as well. The stuff I have been working with lately is all 2
stroke 125 and 250cc, so the curves are way different from what you are
looking at, but the concept is similar.