TT Mufflers

With regards to my previous message, I did eventually fish out the little
piece of metal inside my engine, using a coathanger and a magnet. It was
hiding in the intake plenum just below the injector port, just out of
range of the magnetic tool I was using. Car still runs fine, all is good.
But I was sweating all day, I'm -exhaust-ed (no pun intended).

On the subject of mufflers.. Is there any reason I can't use a TT muffler
#254 010, for $48 on my stock 16v exhaust? Its a DynoMax SuperTurbo 2.25"
aluminized. Am I correct to assume these come with hangers? (not the
donut, i'm talking about the metal rods that go from the muffler into the
donut)

I know I will have to use a shim or an adaptor because the stock 16v
exhaust is 2.125" O.D. But will everything line up? I can't imagine TT
exhaust would have a different location for muffler entrance, for
example.. should be the same as stock, right?

I'm going to need an exhaust tip, too... and I'm not really one for fancy
tips, but I want something that looks good, preferably similar to the
stock tip. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the #254 270 tip, $35.
Its a dual-outlet tip that looks pretty close to the stock exhaust.

Hopefully someone with a TT muffler or TT exhaust will be able to help me
out here. I obviously don't want to order something if it won't fit.

Thanks

-Toby

--
'87 16v