OT: 2.0 16V oil temp

I know a few of you have the 2.0 16V in your Roccos.  Any idea what the
oil temp runs at?  I test drove a 91 GLI tonight and the MFA indicated
262 degrees oil temp!  I know VR6 cars tend to run on the hot side.  I
only saw a high of 260 in my old GTI VR6, but that was running at 125+
mph thru Montana for 5 hours straight (except for gas stops of course).
262 degrees makes me kinda nervous.  I had the A/C cranked and was
getting on it a bit to make sure it wouldn't overheat.  Air temp was
around 85-90 degrees at the moment.  I didn't expect the oil temp to get
that high.  Any ideas?

-Mike