Re: GX engine.

As other listers have verified when I inquired on this issue several
months ago, 1.8 8V CIS heads are interchangeable (may have to change
injector inserts from air-shroud to non, depending on year of car.)

The JH, GX, MZ, HT and RD motors all use the same head gasket.

However, 1.6/1.7L heads will not work without modifications to oil
returns (likewise 1.8L heads will not work on 1.6/1.7L blocks without mods
to oil returns.)

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Ed.)

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 Goethfaust@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 07/16/2000 4:56:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> aventari@detonate.net writes:
>
> << Hmmmm, that sounds about right for the GX. if i were you, i would bolt a
> JH 40/33 solid lifter head on there w/ the a g-grind :) but thats just me >>
>
> I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that a solid lifter head won't bolt
> onto a hydraulic block without modifying the oil returns.  But an A2 gti head
> would work with no other mods.
>
> cheers
>
> greg f

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca