Re: GX engine.

In a message dated 07/17/2000 7:13:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca writes:

<< he GX motor was used in Golfs and Jettas through the 87 model year.
 AFAIK these motors were only CIS with lambda (US) or straight CIS
 (Canada) not CIS-E (HT/RD only.)

 FWIW the GX is listed as having 90 hp.  >>

The gx was available with either CIS or CIS-E.  My 86 had CIS-E as identified
by a silver fuel distributer and the wiring harness at the fuel distributer.
I have a friend with a golf GX with CIS.

The Bentley notes the hp to be 85, but either way, its a doggy engine.

cheers

greg f