Things that confuse upshift indicators?

       This new 16v of mine wants me to go for sixth
gear while I'm cruising down the highway. As you all
know there is no sixth gear, so now I am wondering
what might cause this. Tires? I am getting new ones
today, 175/60/r14, the same size as the old tires.
These are bigger than the stockers on the 8v, so maybe
that is the cause, but I'm not sure since I don't know
what a 16v came with from the dealer.

	The next cause might be the tranny, which was said to
be replaced 2,000 miles ago along with the clutch. It
does feel nice but maybe the gear ratios are
different?  Other than this, I can't think of anything
else. It seems I remember reading somthing about this,
but I can't remember where. What I remember was
somthing about recalibrating the indicator. Has anyone
out there done this? That might require a knowledge of
gear ratios and such for correct settings? Maybe I
should just turn the thing off, since I pay it very
little attention in the first place?

Jorel

85 8v
87 16v