RE: Things that confuse upshift indicators?

Replece the thing that goes to tranny and has 4 ends
2 for reverse light and 2 for indicating the 5th gear.
The fift gear indicator has probably gone bad.

I had exactly the same problem, I changed the indicator
in tranny and it went away.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!