Re: 2.0 Convserion (WHY ME!)

At 5:19 PM -0700 7/11/00, Kevin Collins wrote:
>they compare.  The fact that you're "disappointed" doesn't sound right
>to me - makes me wonder if your motor is running OK.

Hey Kevin, why not drive up to seattle this weekend? :)

But seriously, it doesn't sound right to me either.  I went from a very
strong 1.8 with a header and the big manifold to a bone stock 2.0 and I was
impressed.  Not blown away, because the 2.0 fell short in a few areas, but
I was impressed.  Around town especially, and with the immediate midrange
power.  The stock 2.0 really sucks on teh top end, however.  I couldn't get
to redline in 4th, which was something I had zero difficulty with in the
1.8.  The solution?  First and foremost you have got to get rid of the cat.
I found it made a big difference in top end power.  Granted, I replaced it
with a supersprint header, but the difference on the 2.0 was far greater
than the difference on the 1.8 when I installed it on that motor.  If you
can't swing the cash for the header, I'd recommend the euro downpipe from
TT, which I believe looks like the stock DP but has either a small
resonator or nothing at all where the cat should be.