Re: Cooling issues

In a message dated 7/10/00 10:30:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vwtype53@yahoo.com writes:

<< y (in ohio) it was hot...close to 90 with lots of humidity.
 I was sitting in traffic with the ac running as I watched the
 coolant temp needle do its little dance all the way up to the
 last dot before the red line...I know, that's normal, but
 doesn't this make anyone just a bit uncomfortable!? >>

I am really not sure how normal this is.  I live in south FL temps 95
humidity 300%.  My coolant gauge never gets above the little red LED light.
The highest it will get is covering the upper half of the LED with the A/C
on. And I don't even have any low temp fan switch or low temp thermostat,
just the stock system.  So you may be having a problem with your cooling
system because I don't think it is normal for your gauge to read so high.
Good luck.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html