Re: Bug Nationals SIR

At 2:11 PM -0600 7/9/00, Owen wrote:
>I'll be coming down from Calgary, Canada for the 3rd year in a row, with
>Riley from Vancouver.  I probably won't race though, but who knows, maybe
>Riley can talk me into it.  He's been trying to get me to for the last few
>years.

Owen, you're racing.  Don't even try to get out of it.  ;)

BTW for those who don't know what this show is about, here's a few details
- it's held every year at Seattle Int'l Raceway, and as you can tell by the
name it used to be a big aircooled event.  For the past 6 or 7 years, more
and more watercooled cars have appeared, to the point now where they almost
outnumber the beetles and ghias.  There is a show, but hardly anyone
bothers entering it.  The big draw is the dragstrip, where you can get 7 or
8 runs in if you're there all day, with virtually no tech requirements.
Bracket racing takes up most of the afternoon, but during the funruns (and
the competition, if you're careful) you run against whoever you want, which
is nice.  Aside from that, it's really just a nice day to meet other VW
people and hang out.

I'd be surprised if anyone from So Cal made the trip up, but it's only a
day's drive from the bay area.

Oh, one more thing, I would count on seeing a 1.8t Scirocco at this show.
A very nice one, with sick power, to boot.