Re: Stainless Brake line install

Liquid wrench would probably work better than WD40.

I don't remember if you have rear disks or not, but if you do, the small lines that go over the rear trailing arm can be a PITA if you don't lower it.  This is accomplished very easily as it is only held on by two nuts on each side.  I would say try doing it w/o lowering the rear trailing arm, but if it starts pissing you off, drop the sucker.  Just put a jack under it before you take the nuts off, and then lower the arm a little using the jack.

Buy some quality brake fluid for when you bleed your brakes.  Use the Super Blue stuff, or Castrol GTLMA.

You will love the feel of the stainless lines!

Oh yeah, and put tape around your knuckles b/c your bound to scrape them up.

Victor

>>> "Rob Bisch" <robbisch@hotmail.com> 07/07 9:29 AM >>>
I finally am going to attempt to install my SS brake lines.  I have soaked
them with WD-40 with hopes that will help.  Does anyone have any other
suggestions as to getting them off without having to cut the lines and
replace all the hard lines.

Thanks
Rob