Re: paint - oh my!

Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:

> Just another datapoint...when I had several parts of my car stripped
> and repainted, the shop owner said to NOT wax the paint for 2-3 weeks
> at least.  Which I dutifully did, and the finish is quite nice.  Oh,
> it's clear over base though...not one-shot.  What's your paint application?

ALLEGEDLY it's not clearcoated.. just straight PPG premium stuff.

> I have no idea if waxing too would cause what your seeing...sounds like
> an expensive experiment to try though. :/

My car was in the shop a good 2-3 weeks more after it was sprayed, and much
of that time it was out in the hot sun curing.  So the waxing issue may
have nothing to do with it.  I'll get some 3rd-party "expert" of some kind
to look at it before I take it back...

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0