paint - oh my!

I had a close look at my recent high-buck paint job this afternoon, and
was a little dismayed by what I'm seeing..

It appears that even on the smoothest surfaces (roof, hood, etc) that there
is VERY fine orange peeling showing up, on the entire car.  I could swear
that this effect wasn't there originally, and I looked at it from a zillion
angles in all kinds of light right after it was done.  This new effect
is VERY fine - just like orange peel but "finer" is the best way I can
describe it.  WTF??  One thing that concerns me - the idiot foreman at
the paint shop told me I could wax it immediately, which I did (with some
decent Maguires carnuba stuff) - however checking the Maguires website,
they say a resprayed car should be allowed to cure 3-4 months.  Could this
be the cause of what I'm seeing in the paint???

Any wisdom welcomed.. before I go down to the paint shop and get a bunch
of runaround!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0