Re: paint - oh my!

>I had a close look at my recent high-buck paint job this afternoon, and
>was a little dismayed by what I'm seeing..
>
>It appears that even on the smoothest surfaces (roof, hood, etc) that there
>is VERY fine orange peeling showing up, on the entire car.  I could swear
>that this effect wasn't there originally, and I looked at it from a zillion
>angles in all kinds of light right after it was done.  This new effect
>is VERY fine - just like orange peel but "finer" is the best way I can
>describe it.  WTF??  One thing that concerns me - the idiot foreman at
>the paint shop told me I could wax it immediately, which I did (with some
>decent Maguires carnuba stuff) - however checking the Maguires website,
>they say a resprayed car should be allowed to cure 3-4 months.  Could this
>be the cause of what I'm seeing in the paint???
>
>Any wisdom welcomed.. before I go down to the paint shop and get a bunch
>of runaround!
>
>--
>Kevin Collins

Just another datapoint...when I had several parts of my car stripped
and repainted, the shop owner said to NOT wax the paint for 2-3 weeks
at least.  Which I dutifully did, and the finish is quite nice.  Oh,
it's clear over base though...not one-shot.  What's your paint application?

I have no idea if waxing too would cause what your seeing...sounds like
an expensive experiment to try though. :/

==Brett