Re: Rocco Project Revived!!! (long)

jonas miller wrote:

> hey man.....
> kudo's for getting back to the rocco.....

It had to be done, man. I just couldn't take the lack of progress anymore. I'll
also have my CBR 600F back on the road for Spring. Maybe we can go riding? And
then the Warpig will shortly have a rebuilt 5-speed with Quaffe installed. And
then it gets a new coilover suspension. Yeehah!!!

> as for exterior paint i think the kelly green or a deep brick pearl red
> (deeper than burgandy,)

-excellent choices in my view.

> or you could always go the chameleon 3-5 color paint....

Em..., nah. I don't want that flip-flop effect. I think that it looks rad on a
show car but I want a more OEM-looking appearance. The goal is to make the car
look like it should have come from the factory that way. If all goes well
people will think that it is a factory-built Maserati or Lancia, or something.

> fill in around the rear tag so it looks good,

The "Volkswagen" tag is defnitely history. What about the "Scirocco GTi" badge,
though? Keep it and paint it body color or leave it in the silver which will
match the wheels? Chuck it completely? Hmm...

> ann maybe a set of audi handles if you wanna do some coool....

Yeah, I'd *love* to do those door handles but you've gotta buy an entire
friggin' Audi 80/100 door to get them. Do you know of any wrecks with mangled
(cheap) doors? Now's the time to do this. My ace bodyshop guy could work that
in with great ease. The main thing is the expense of the parts.

> teh suicide hood would be cool as shit but think of workign onthe car ya
> know......at that point just remove th hood i guess right ......

Well, actually I forgot to mention that I'd like to rig up a SAAB bracket
system. Have you ever seen one of them open the hood? It pops up, slides
forwards, then tilts forward and positions itself perpindicular to the car -in
front of the grill! Wow, that'd be totally sick...

> as for the rear lock you could rig something out of a hood latch type pull
> switch....

Right on, it shouldn't be so hard I guess... Thanks for the ideas. Keep'm
flowing!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut