Re: tv show: WATCH IT!!!

Testastrega@aol.com wrote:

> I wouldnt waste my time racing anybody I couldnt have a beer with after a
> race and talk cars.

I was watching it with a (non-car guy) buddy and made a similar comment to
him in the middle of the thing, while they were showing the two "main
characters" bickering and posturing at each other.

I REALLY got a laugh out of that big showdown where the Civic idiot gave
the Mazda creep a 5-carlength head start!  Yet somehow this little contest
was a big deal to everybody??!!  WTF is up with that?  It was over before
it started, 'cause everyone was in agreement that the Miata was slower
and thus needed the handicap to attempt to even the odds.  So why even
run at that point, unless it was just for fun? - which it clearly was NOT.

I also couldn't believe how tolerant the cops were with the attitudes
these guys were giving them.  That one dude was refusing to leave and
telling the cop he'd leave "when everybody else does", then dared them
to arrest him.  Hell around here he'd have gotten the Rodney King treatment
pronto!  And deserved it!!   :0

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0