Re: Rear Defroster/defogger

--- SubConSk8@aol.com wrote:
> Mine is out of commission...hasn't worked in the 6
> mos. that I have owned the
> car...I just tested the ground on the hatch in the
> rear for the
> deffogger....ground was fine...Checked the
> fuses...they were fine...There
> wasn't any power coming through the lines to the
> rear hatch's window...Where
> should I check to see where the prob is? I mean the
> prob is that there is no
> power going ot the rear...

In my limited experience it is usually the wire
between the body that cracks. This wire bends every
time you open the hatch and eventually . . .

I cut out the bad section and soldered in some good
wire (same gauge) to fix it on several of my Sciroccos
(Kristen's is next)

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)