Re: [mk2 8v, tech] replacing battery ground strap

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Oliver Seiler wrote:

> Hi, I want to replace the ground strap from my battery on my 1986 8v.
> [...]
> Replacing it isn't so much the problem as getting access to where it
> connects and getting it unwedged. How can I move the air box?

Okay, I've been told that it is clipped in on the back of it. I rooted
around a bit back there last night, looking for something, but obviously
wasn't thorough enough; I'll try again tonight.

On a related note, what do people normally do with the air sensor housing
and fuel distributor to make them not so "in the way" for this? It seems
impossible to just lay it aside. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that
all the fuel lines, etc, run between the two hoses which are connected to
the coolant expansion tank (i.e., it becomes easier to move around if I
also move the pull up the expansion tank with it). I always wind up
feeling like a juggler when I pull the air sensor housing off...

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html