Re: [mk2 8v, tech] replacing battery ground strap

This is what I did to mine recently...I added a 2 gauge (15") cable and
grounded it to my strut tower using one of the studs where my strut brace was
mounted.  Then I used a Dremel tool to cut the end of the old battery
terminal (the stamped copper one) until it was just the flat section with the
hole in it for the bolt.  I used a longer bolt on the new negative cable and
put all the grounds including the old one onto the new bolt.  This gave me my
new heavy ground in addition to the original one.  Then I ran an additional 4
gauge cable from the other strut tower to the alternator bracket on the
motor.  I also ran a 2 gauge cable on the positive side to the starter.  Now
she cranks great and my lights are white, like they're supposed to be.  My
next step will be to upgrade the alternator wiring with one of New Dimensions
kits, or, maybe I'll just make my own.

Tom