RE: SFBay, CA smog stuff

i checked out this site this morning before i took the car to get it
smogged - is it confusing or what?
on my dmv renewal form it tells me that i need "SMOG Certification Required
(read insert)". i read it only to find out that i'm supposed to run a
treadmill-like test only if in the state's smoggiest areas. to see if i do,
i can call or go to the website. i go to the website to find out that what
i need is a "basic" test given the zip i enter in. wtf. shouldn't you
already know this since you're mailing the renewal notice to my zip?? just
make my life easy and tell me to take my car to any freakin' smog shop. shit.

anyway, it passed with no probs. it was running a bit lean.. the numbers
look pretty good.