SV: got clutch?

Hi

> Engine: G60 engine ~250hp
> Tranny: rocco 8v tall or 16v short or a frankentranny
>  Usage: Street racing and drag strip
> I want a clutch that grips, won't shatter, semi smooth
> engagement and can handle a stiffer but not too stiff pedal.

All these things can't come true if you want durability too, but some of them. There is only one combo that will stand up to lots of power and tourqe and abuse, 210mm flywheel, Fichtel & Sachs race pressure plate and four puck sinter disc. It's stiff pedal, between fully engaged and release there are not soo much pedal travel but once you learned that it's no problem smoothing away at 1k rev as nice as a standard golf cl. This combo should withstand about 350Nm tourqe, and will work.

It will take the tourqe that "killed" my gearbox in six full tanks, verifyed.

> I want to be able to dump it at 3g's and have it grip yet

You will only slip your tires doing that. Changing from forth gear too fifth with flat out pedal is more fun too see if the clutch can stand.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker