8&16v graph question

Ok, If the 16v's have more torque than the 8v's
stock. Hmm.... Then why do I consistantly make
16v's look like raped apes off the line? acording
to this graph, I should be having a harder time
off the line than I am. I have a Mk1 with a 84 1.8
8v (JH) so the eng. is larger than stock but
should that make this much of a diff? And also the
8v in this graph is pushing 112hp,..?? I thought
the stock 8v solid lifter engine pushed around
90hp. Am I out in space here or is something not
adding up?

curious,
Nathan