Re: thermo-time switch location on 8V

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Chris DeLong wrote:

> Your thermotime switch is on the coolant neck between cylinders no 3 and 4.
> It has a brown connection and a brown connector. 2 prong.
> Hope This Helps (HTH)

The switch on top is definitely the thermo-time switch. I'm just confused
about the plug which sits 180 degrees opposite to that on the water pipe
(pointing down). It is referred to as a thermoswitch in Emission Controls
chapter of Bentley, but mine isn't connected to anything right now. Anyone
know what sort of problems this would cause? Bentley isn't particularly
clear about what it is, what it does, whether it's a different name for
the thermo-time switch, etc.

Cheers,
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com