Re: paint - advice?

Marie Laugesen wrote:

> Well, anyhow, here goes. My experience.  I just repainted my friend's
> Scirocco and we removed the bodykit and painted it separately.  I also saw
> another Scirocco 16V at a customer's bodyshop and they hadn't removed the
> bodykit tom paint the car and it just didn't look as good.

They seem to think that they can paint it on the car and have it come out
fine.  Removing it as I'm sure you're aware is quite a PITA, and it's
reportedly easy to damage the kit in the process.. anybody else care to
comment on that angle?  Depending on everybody's input, I may just make
them take it off and go that route, damn the cost..  thanks for the input,
Marie...

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0