Re: Speedo cable chattering in cold

I may be late in responding to this but I got way behind in my e-mail.

My Scirocco did this the first cold morning I drove it and it drove me nuts.
(My odometer started working again in the cold also but that was a different
problem)  When I got home from work that night I took the instrument cluster
out and took the speedo as far apart as I could without getting into the
technical stuff and then sprayed silicone spray into the areas that moved.  I
went a little overboard with the spraying because the silicone seeped out the
front a little bit after a few days but I did not want to take it all apart
again.  I have never had a chatter since but in northern California the
lowest it has been in the mornings is mid 20s.

Hope this helps
Randy Hopkins
87 16v