Re: battery relocation wiring

I ran the cable under the carpet along the center tunnel and hooked it up
through the center console.  Since I took my AC out, I ran the cable
through the holes in the firewall left by the AC tubing (in the passenger
footwell).  I then ran the cable along the firewall and down the driver's
fender to the original battery location.  To make it easier to hook the
battery up to the rest of the car, I bought some battery post extensions
for side post batteries (Trak Auto, about $2 each).  I took a block of
wood and drilled two holes for the battery post extensions.  I connected
the cables to the bottom of the extensions and screwed the extensions
into the wood, which was than bolted to the original battery location.
Then I simply clamped the original battery clamps to the top of the
extensions as if they were the normal battery.

The only problem with my setup was that because the battery cable ran
very close to the radio, I would get some sort of EM disturbance through
my tape deck.  But now that I have a CD player, I have no problem.

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
GO HOKIES!!!