battery relocation wiring

well an old thread but a different question....... for
anyone who has relocated the battery to the rear where
and how exactly did you run the wire(s) back to the
engine compartment and is there ground continuity in
the car enough to just ground the battery to the rear
of the car or does a ground need to be run also

along with this I have heard some talk of a gel or non
liquid battery which works really well and no worries
of battery acid!!!!!!!!!!!.....where do I find it

lastly what guage wire should be used I am not really
sure of the current requirements of the car and the
starter to make an educated guess!

thanks

=====
Michael Leach--Rochester,NY
87 16v Red semi-show
87 16v Black winter....:(  you will be missed!!!
91 Ford Explorer XLT
85 Saab 900s