SV: esoteric part??

Hello

> I mentioned earlier this week that the "fuel pump" on my 82 had gone out.
>  This was told to me by a mechanic.  We checked the car out ourselves and
> the in-tank electric fuel pump is working.

In a 82 you only have one fuel pump, it's electric and located outside next to the tank. Beside it you have a fuel pressure accumulator.

If it's in the motor compartment it's harder to tell but it could be the fuel head, is directly after the fuel filter and has lines to the injektors.
If it's not working try a scrap yard, those things are expensive and seldom brake.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker