Re: Heater Core

Do you still have that water leak? This will cause the inside of the
windsheild to fog up in the mornings.

As to the hissing noise it sounds like you have a vacuum line disconnected
inside you dash. Try disconnecting the white vacuum line that goes through
the firewall on the passenger side and see if the noise goes away. If it
does then you need to take your stereo out if you have one and see if all
the vacuum lines are connected to the heater control assy. You also need to
follow the lines that go out of this assy. and make sure they are all
connected as well. One way to directly locate the source of the hissing is
to stick a peice of hose near your ear and direct the other end towards
where the hissing might be coming from. HTH

><< > > I've recently noticed a gungy film developing on the inside of the
>  > > windshield of my 84 8v right above the vents in the dashboard. Given
>  > > the recent cold weather and use of the vents to defrost the
>windshield,
>  > > I suspect that the heater core has a small leak. Does anyone have
>  > > experience using "Bars Leak" or any such product to stop these leaks?
>  > > Does it work? I'm hoping to hold out until warmer weather to replace
>  > > the heater core, but I also don't want to be inhaling vaporized
>  > > antifreeze. >>
>
>This sounds like a problem I have...I have noticed a slight film on my
>windshield too...I can also hear a fairly loud hissing sound coming from
>behind the ash tray and from the main vents (in the middle)...What is this?
>Is it the heater core? How can I check?
>
>Stephen Mull
>'86 8v Rocco Black
>Seattle, WA
>
>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco