Re: Heater Core

In a message dated 1/21/00 11:52:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
green536@hotmail.com writes:

<< > > I've recently noticed a gungy film developing on the inside of the
 > > windshield of my 84 8v right above the vents in the dashboard. Given
 > > the recent cold weather and use of the vents to defrost the windshield,
 > > I suspect that the heater core has a small leak. Does anyone have
 > > experience using "Bars Leak" or any such product to stop these leaks?
 > > Does it work? I'm hoping to hold out until warmer weather to replace
 > > the heater core, but I also don't want to be inhaling vaporized
 > > antifreeze. >>

This sounds like a problem I have...I have noticed a slight film on my
windshield too...I can also hear a fairly loud hissing sound coming from
behind the ash tray and from the main vents (in the middle)...What is this?
Is it the heater core? How can I check?

Stephen Mull
'86 8v Rocco Black
Seattle, WA