Factory Vinyl Top? No Way.

> My old '75 didn't have power anything (except for
> that little engine).  No
> options at all, except rear defog and wiper (not
> sure if these were standard
> equipment or not).

Rear defog was standard. The wiper was "optional" but
nearly every Scirocco in the U.S. had one.

> Oh, and that delay wiper thing that had no switch
> and would come on when I'd
> hit a bump and then couldn't be shut off.  That
> probably was an option :o
>
> And get this it had a factory vinyl top, never seen
> one of these before.
>
> I dug up an old picture for you non believers.

Factory Vinyl top? I don't believe it. That's
ridiculous. Volkswagen never offered a vinyl top for
any car (please no references to convertibles).

Factory rag top sunroof I believe.

the ancient Scirocco driver . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)