Re: Factory Vinyl Top? No Way.

>Factory Vinyl top? I don't believe it. That's
>ridiculous. Volkswagen never offered a vinyl top for
>any car (please no references to convertibles).

Believe it.

I saw the most hideous A2 Jetta one night at a stop light. It looked like an
early model (85-87). It had one of those Buick tops! And get this, even a
matching trunk rack like those Oldsmobiles! I couldn't believe my eyes. It
looked like it was really on there.. whoever did it (dealer or otherwiese)
did a fine job... at making the car look awful.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v (Winnie)
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon (Evelyn)