Re: Scirocco vs. UrQuattro (was Re: Hill climbing Scirocco)

Corey Fonger remarked:
> i say grab a Ur Quattro, youll still be in the family, just one of the
> cousins no one talks to. =)

Oh, no. Not again...

> i wanna know what makes the A1 and A2 rear suspension so drastically
> different? oh and there was a really good article on AWD and why
> FWD+RWD cars are really horrible compared to the quattro system. so it
> might not be as good a thing as you think.
> ~cory

    I think the rear suspension system in the synchro veedubs is an
independent setup, thus totally different from the rear of the 2wd cars. I'm
actually just supposing though, I've never even seen one.
    The suspensions in the Audi quattro's are pretty impressive. Drive a
quattro, and you will be pleased. It has all of the same good... steering
response(?) that a fwd car has, with the invocable oversteer of a rwd, added
to INCREDIBLE traction.... I could go on and on.

TBerk said:
> > No, No, No. When the Roc fails to satisfy you graft an easy breathing
> > 2.0L in the bay &  AWD up under it. OK?

    As much as I like Scirocco's, I would rather spend money on a rare 4wd
turbo coupe (they fetch over 10k if you have fixed all the major stuff),
than create a homogolation of  parts that would be a somewhat of a financial
dead-end.

-Noah
-83 VW 16v Cabbie (coming soon...)
-83 VW Callaway Turbo Rocco (Craving Audi parts)
-87 VW 8v GTI (Will this car ever die? 250kmi)
-87 Audi 5kCSTQ (recently aquired, not featured on my site)
http://www.members.tripod.com/pchandyman/