A quattro experience

 To all my fellow listers,
Last summer, I had a chance to drive an '85 4000S quattro.  Leather,
5sp, 5cyl (of course), dual locking differnentials, and I was amazed.
My daily driver was a 1986 Nissan Maxima, and I hadn't driven an
European car since I drove the '85 Saab 900 Turbo (very fast car, but
that's another story), so I wasn't quite used to the driving experience
at all.  The quattro rode like a dream!!  We took it out in the country,
and pushed it to its limits a few times.  It had decent tires, nothing
special, but it stuck like glue!  We tried everything to get the tail to
slide out, but it was so stable it just found a line and kept on it.  On
semi-smooth roads, the suspension sucked up everything, and for such a
small car (we compared it to my Max on several occasions) it rode and
handled many times better.  It was rather interesting comparing a
European sports sedan to a Japanese sports sedan of the same era.
Enough rambling, go back to reading Scirocco stuff.
Go ahead now, get on outta here!!

Nate
Deceased '84, hiding from the snow under its tarps.