Re: MK naming convention

Mark wrote:
>It is used to differentiate the two body styles:

The Mk1 did change in 77 from inset front indicator
lenses to the wrap around type, and they also changed
bumper styles from open chrome ones to the plastic type.

Are there body changes on the Mark 2 as well?
(besides the 16V having the body kit on it).

>MK1 = 1974-1981
>MK2 = 1982-1992
>
>MK stands for Mark, as in Mark 1. Don't ask me why,
>but this has been common in the english language for a
>long time.

I've always wondered where they got the word
mark from (to "mark" a model change?)

-Randy