Re: MK naming convention

--- h bragg <hlbragg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can someone explain the MK naming convention used on
> Sciroccos? What year models are ones, twos, etc.?
> Does it indicate a redesign year?
> Does MK stand for anything?

It is used to differentiate the two body styles:

MK1 = 1974-1981
MK2 = 1982-1992

MK stands for Mark, as in Mark 1. Don't ask me why,
but this has been common in the english language for a
long time.

Others use Scirocco 1 and Scirocco 2 to differentiate.

Both the MK1 (Scirocco 1) and MK2 (Scirocco 2) are
built on the VW A1 chassis (along with the Rabbit
(Golf 1), Jetta 1, pickup, and Cabriolet (1980-1993).

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM