Re: Hill climbing Scirocco

I agree that weight plays a huge role...  my US car is an 89 200  Avant
turbo quattro with the stock 20v 5 cylinder, a new computer, upgraded turbo
and performance exhaust and airfilter, also slightly upgraded suspension.
never got it dyno'ed but it was putting out over 240HP accourding to my
mechanic (The chip alone was supposed to bring the stock engine to 240HP).

My friend at home has a 16v GTI and we would sometimes race each other a bit
around the local industrial park on the weekends and he would easilly move
away from me in say 10-25MPH turns but anything faster and I would be
seriously on his ass or in front.  Maybe it had something to do with
gearing...  Or the fact that I was slower in tight turns because of my
suspension wasn't stiff enough...

Anyhow,  just remembering the Avant... I can't sell it because I spent way
too much money on it and I can't bring it over because it's a major gas
guzzler.  Grrr

Armando