Re: Hill climbing Scirocco

I don't think that a Coupe GT and a regular Coupe signify whether it has a 5
or 4 cylinder. GT's came with a spoiler and some other shit. I used to own
an '82 Coupe and it had a 5 cylinder and everyCoupe I have ever seen has had
the 5 cylinder. Coupes are based on the 4k platform and if you get a 4k you
had the optoin of 4 or 5 cylinder. Not, however in the Coupe.

I didn't think the Coupe was very fast off the line. 50 MPH and up though is
an entirely different story. That thing hauled ASS at higher speeds.

My two cents

>From: Night Shadow <soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu>
>To: DNK006@aol.com
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Hill climbing Scirocco
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:51:32 -0700 (MST)
>

>On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 DNK006@aol.com wrote:
>
> > 156hp 5 cyc Turbo with all wheel drive vs. 4 cyl front-drive
>
>Yes but Ed asked about the Coupe and the GT, NOT the Coupe Quattro.
>
>Ed, the Coupe and the GT are both FWD.  The Coupe getting a 4 cyl and the
>GT a 5 cyl. both were naturally asprirated.  I drove a GT for awhile.  I
>liked the car, but it was heavy and not very fast.  Mind you the 5cyl
>motor is kind of tourqy, but not that fast.  plus the bloody things have a
>solid rear axel...ick.
>
>Stick with your Rocco....it is much cheaper to run, and more fun to run.
>(Although I would LOVE a Coupe Quattro someday! :-))
>
>Eric
>

> > >  How do these Audi's (coupe and GT) stand up to roccos? Anyone had
> > >  experience either in racing in in general performance?
> > >
> > >  -ed
> > >

> > --
> > Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To unsubscibe send

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco