Re: New clutch problems.

Have you checked the bolts that hold the trans. to the engine? I have seen
this once when someone forgot to tighten them enough and they backed off and
the trans. was loose and caused this exact symptom. HTH

>From: "John Van Vuren" <veedublu@prod.net>
>To: "Randy B" <scirokn81@email.msn.com>, <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: New clutch problems.
>Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:20:21 -0600
>
>I wouldn't be abusing a brand new clutch for awhile...  it takes awhile for
>the clutch disk to get broken in.
>
>Sounds to me like either your tires are hopping or the clutch is
>chattering.
>If it's the clutch chattering, the best thing you can do is just drive it
>nicely for awhile and see what happens.
>
>HTH
>
>John
>
>lots of stuff
>http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm
>

> >Clutch problems?
> >Please don't be afraid to state anything obvious
> >I might have missed.
> >I just installed a new clutch over the weekend and,
> >
> >Here are the facts:
> >EN motor bored out to 1847 by Techtonics
> >FF tranny
> >Techtonics clutch kit with 16V clutch plate
> >210 flywheel (used but not bad)
> >Recent new clutch cable adjusted to 15mm
> >Repacked inner/outer pass. axle cv's
> >Driver axle CV boots looked ok.
> >Hard time getting into 1 and 2 (not new)
> >All 4 motor mounts new with Techtonics front
> >     all adjusted according to Bentley
> >

> >Here is the problem:
> >Clutch engagement seems fine under normal
> >conditions but when I try to launch off the line
> >(breaking the tires loose) the whole front of the
> >car vibrates violently. I pulled into a parking lot
> >(it had just rained) and did a few hard launches
> >and was able to break the tires loose in first and
> >second and the shaking would diminish when the
> >car started to catch up with the tires.
> >
> >Does this sound familiar to anyone out there
> >before I start tearing into it to find out whats going
> >on?
> >
> >P.S. When I push in on the clutch at idle the rpm's
> >do not seem to change. (I've heard that if the
> >idle does change that this is indicative of a major
> >problem)
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> >Randy B.
> >Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - 2.0L 16V
> >Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
> >(was that an earthquake or was it my clutch)
> >

> >--
> >Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To unsubscibe send
> >

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco