Re: New clutch problems.

> P.S. When I push in on the clutch at idle the rpm's
> do not seem to change. (I've heard that if the
> idle does change that this is indicative of a major
> problem)

Help...I'm pleading tranny ignorance...but I always put the clutch in
when starting my 84. I've heard it makes starting easier. When I
release the clutch, there is definitely a drag...especially in cold
weather. In fact, today (6 degrees)the car stalled when I release the
clutch in neutral immediately after cold starting...I figure the gear
oil is thick and just the drag of having it nuetral stalled it. Its my
understanding that even in nuetral something is spinning (read causing
drag) in the tranny. Sometimes the car even inches forward when I
release the clutch on a cold start in nuetral.

I've had the car for 3+ years and put over 50K on it (now at 174K) with
no noticeable major tranny problems. I had a clutch installed 1.5 yrs
ago.

Anyone care to comment...should I be expecting big problems? is this
normal?

any insights are appreciated.
-Keith

=====