Re: Prepping an 8v for AutoX

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:30:13 -0700 (MST) Night Shadow
<soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> writes:

>Wait wait wait, your saying that the 16v stress bar has "rear" mounting
>points?  I thought it was just the front a-arm bolt bar, two points
>only.

OK, to be more accurate, it mounts at the lower control arm bolts, then
it bolts to the chassis which is rear of the front mopunting points. Its
like the NS upper stress bar in shape which is why it is legal in 16V
cars. It just requires a couple bolt holes for it to mount up to which
8v's (not including the convertable) dont have.

>OK, SNOTTY, I guess the 16v bar is different than I thought.

Im not being snotty, I thought you might have had some other insight that
I overlooked. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nadda! :)

>> BTW, congrats on graduating Eric!
>
>Bite me.

Dude, I was serious. I talked to your mom andf she is GLOWING with pride
about your graduating with honors ect. I think its great too! Good job!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and