Rear Brakes Binding...

It seems that in cold weather my rear discs bind. When I drive my car after
it sits for a while and gets cold in the cold weather the rear brakes stay
engaged a little. I can feel it when I let off the gas, the car slows
rapidly. The e brake handle has a lot of play in it too. You can pull it up
almost half way with no effort. I suspect it has something to do with the e
brake. Tonight it did it then after about 5 mins. of driving, when the car
had warmed up, I felt it let go and everything was fine, the e brake handle
didn't have play in it anymore. What could this be? It doesn't do it all the
time. It seems like only when it is real cold out. TIA!!

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L